FAQ on Product and Registration
1. How do I verify the authencity of the registation number?
You may do so by
- going into the National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau (NPCB) website www.bpfk.gov.my
- clicking on the icon 'Registered Product Search'
- key in the product name or registration number e.g MAL20000000T
- click on 'Advanced Search'
If the search produces a result, then the product is genuinely registered. If none, then the statement "Sorry, no result was found matching" will pop up.
2. How do I verify the authencity of the hologram
The hologram lable has the following characteristics:
- Rectangular in shape, size of 8mm x 16mm
- A shiny surface depicting the words 'PBKD' and 'DCA', hibiscus flower and the serial number consisting of 10 digits
The serial number may be cross-checked / tallied with the registration holders of the particular products.
3. Can I obtain the lists of traditional medicines to treat my asthmatic condition? What are the alternatives?
No, the allowable claim for traditional medicines does not include treatment of any disease listed in the Medicines (Advertisement and Sale) Act 1956.
4. Who can I contact regarding any inquiry on product registration?
Inquiries on product registration can be made to NPCB at 03-79573611 Ext 224/361.
5. How do I know if a product is of quality?
The DCA approves the registration of products on the basis that they pass the stipulated quality tests as well as satisfying other criteria such as Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).