About The Campaign
About the Campaign
The "Know Your Medicine" campaign is a project jointly organized by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Consumers Association of Malaysia (Fomca). It was initiated in view of irrational use of medicines which is not only a danger to public health but also has adverse impact on the economy. The campaign was launched by Health Minister YB Dato 'Chua Soi Lek at Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall, Melaka on June 29, 2007. This campaign is now extended to all pharmacy facilities at the hospital, health clinic and State Enforcement Branch to ensure the message reached the target groups.
The objective of this campaign is to:
• increase consumer awareness of the rational use of medicines
• provide consumers with information on different issues related to health and medicine
• ensure that consumers know their medicine, what they should and should not be taken, and why
• increased adverse drug reporting through patient education
• improve knowledge in the use of medicine by pregnant women, nursing mothers and children
• assist senior citizens in the use of medicine
To all consumers who are concerned about their health and the health of their loved ones.
The campaign is conducted by a pharmacist from both public and private sectors, through the following activities:
• Workshops for consumers in all countries that target both rural and urban areas
• Activities exhibitions and lectures 'Know Your Medicines'
• Reviews and research on consumer perceptions and knowledge of medicine
• continuous promotion in the media
For organizing campaign activities in your area, kindly contact the respective State Laison Officer